Naturepedic for Baby, Kids & Adult
Naturepedic is one of the top organic mattress companies in the world, their motto is that “Mother Nature provides the best materials for a healthier and more comfortable sleep”. So why not just use organic products that don’t carry the same risks as synthetic and petroleum based ingredients? All Naturepedic organic mattresses have been designed with the help of pediatricians, chemists, and engineers to be safer and more comfortable without risky materials. So let’s start the 5 Naturepedic Mattresses to Buy on Long Island
Organic Baby Mattress
Naturepedic offers many levels and styles starting with organic baby crib mattresses, Then they give you a choice of step up for that young girl or boy with a choice of 3 Mattresses in 3 different price ranges and comforts.
Our pick for a crib mattress is the Ultra Breathable 2-Stage Organic Crib Mattress. ($399)
The Ultra Breathable 2-Stage is a firm, flat crib mattress for safety, with a breathable mattress pad built in to keep your precious one cool and dry. It sports a “patented” waterproof surface which protects from urine, spit-up, and all that other stuff that comes with parenting a baby easily wipes clean. the breathable mattress pad maximizes airflow between the baby and mattress for a cool, comfortable sleep with less risk of overheating. The breathable mattress has an intelligent organic design that is free of flame retardant chemicals. The combination of organic, breathable, and practicality makes the Ultra Breathable 2-Stage a healthier, safer crib mattress than conventional breathable designs.
Organic Kids Mattress
Our recommended for Kids is the 2 in 1 Organic Cotton Ultra/Quilted Mattress ($749 Twin Mattress)
The 2 in 1 Organic Cotton Ultra is a versatile 2 sided mattress, combining waterproof and quilted sides for an ideal children’s mattress. The waterproof side is for when they first out of the crib training experience. The waterproof side also functions as a dust-mite barrier. When your baby (and they will always be your baby) gets older, flip the mattress over for a more luxurious comfortable feel.
The second Naturepedic mattress is the 1 or 2 sided (optional) Organic Cotton Quilted Deluxe ($649 Twin 1 sided – $849 2 sided) This mattress features comfortable support and a luxurious finish. Offers a more natural, healthy and comfortable sleep environment in a two-sided, flippable design should you get the 2 sided quilted. Made with a quilted organic cotton fabric for a more big kid mattress feel.
Third, is the Verse Organic mattress, ($899 Twin, $1099 Full Mattress)
this is our recommendation in the Top Picks. The Verse features firm support, ideal for that next step and will last into the teens, especially if you upgrade your child’s size to a full (double). It has an organic cotton filling that provides additional cushion and support over premium encased coils for comfort that promotes airflow to reduce overheating. The quilted surface features wool batting, which provides superior temperature regulation.
The Verse is certified organic and is designed without common allergens, glues, adhesives, flame retardant chemicals, or other questionable materials. They ship it roll packed so delivery and set up is a breeze. Sleepworks feels that once your child is out of the crib this is a great mattress to last into their teens, the only other recommendation is to get a good mattress protector that breathes and is a stretchable organic fabric and this mattress will be the only one for a good 10-15 years.
Naturepedic for Older Teens and Adults
Naturepedic has some great choices for allergy-free mattresses for any age over 18. This is where it can get a bit tricky, Naturepedic has mattresses where you can change the comfort level by layer on each side, think of his side / her side. You can also get most with Latex or Latex free coils. Both will feel great!
First is the EOS Classic Organic Mattress, ($2999.99 Queen Mattress)
This mattress is 12″ inches, the EOS can transform from an extra-firm all the way to a plush. It consists of a 3″ top comfort layer of latex or Micro Coil (Latex Free) and an 8″ bottom support pocket coil layer – wrapped in organic cotton. Available in latex free or 3″ layer of soft, medium or firm latex over the pocketed coils, which also come firm or plush.
You can make this mattress ultra firm or super plush, the advantage is that if your partner likes firm but you like soft this can be achieved by selecting split comfort. All encased in a zippable cover so you can change the comfort years later should you want to.
Next is the EOS Organic Pillow-top Mattress. ($3999.99 Queen Mattress)
With an additional 3″ layer over the EOS Classic for a total of 15″, the EOS Pillow Top organic mattress is not only comfortable but versatile. Three adjustable layers, it can transform from a firm all the way to an ultra-plush. It consists of a 3″ pillow top layer which can be Latex or Latex-free Micro coil, a 3″ middle comfort layer, which can be Latex or Micro coil for Latex free and an 8″ bottom support layer which can also be plush coils or firm coils depending on comfort. All encased in a zippable cover so you can change the comfort years later should you want to.
If you are looking for “All Latex” the EOS TriLux Organic Mattress ($3499.99 Queen Mattress)
This is your mattress! Not too high, not too low. The EOS Trilux is an all-latex mattress featuring three layers of 3″ latex. 10″ inches total, you can transform it from an extra-firm all the way to a plush, with the option his side/her side. If you like firm and your partner likes soft or medium this is a great option. All encased in a zippable cover so you can change the comfort years later should you want to.
So that wraps up our 5 best Naturepedic Mattress for Long Island. Of course, it doesn’t matter where you live these mattresses are great anyplace in the world! To recap, below are our recommendations.
- Best Naturepedic Organic Baby Mattress – The Ultra Breathable 2-Stage Organic Crib Mattress We love this mattress because for the price compared to the others it is more versatile and less expensive than buying 2 mattresses at different times as they grow. The Optional 2-Stage Dual Firmness Provides a firm side for infants and a cushion firm side for toddlers. Offers specialized attention based on the stage of the child (safety for infants, and comfort for toddlers).
- Adolescent and Pre Teen – The Naturepedic Verse Organic Mattress. Many would argue the Deluxe 1 or 2 sided for an adolescent is more than fine, and they would be right…to a point. Based on the support and price the Verse will last into the teens with only an additional $150 investment than the 2 in 1 quilted especially if they are on a Full (double) size.
- Older Teen and Adults – Naturepedic EOS Classic Organic Mattress. While some may feel this mattress is on the pricier side for an older teenager, the fact is at queen size this is actually not so compared to the typical mattresses made with inferior foams. Considering that it is completely organic and hypo-allergenic as well as one of the best support for growing active teens.
As far as adults go, this just may be the perfect compromise, he likes a firm, she likes softer, there ya go! Years later you can change the layer and reconfigure the comfort all while staying organic and allergy free. Well worth the price of comfort.
4. Adult – Naturepedic Pillow Top Mattress – EOS Organic Pillow-top Mattress. (If you like plush higher mattresses) If you want something more plush you can sink into and a higher profile mattress you found it in this mattress. Very similar to the EOS Classic only they added another 3-inch layer on top (latex or micro coil latex free). For a truly plush feel, go with the plush coils.
5. Naturepedic TriLux All Latex Mattress when you don’t want coils or a high mattress will do the trick. Like the others, this is completely configurable and nicely priced for all latex and certified organic. With an all latex mattress there is no need to have it thick because latex molds to the body while giving great support, so if a high mattress doesn’t turn you on and coils feel too stiff then this is the mattress made for you.
** Full disclosure:
Sleepworks is a retailer of Naturepedic® and several Organic and Natural mattress brands located on Long Island. This article is meant to help make an educated decision based on our 30+ years experience and the confusing flood of organic and latex products on the market.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?